5 projects to amaze your outdoor space
Now that warmer weather’s finally here, who doesn’t want to be outside? Lawn games, barbecues and lazy afternoons in the backyard – these warm days were made to enjoy. They also present a great opportunity to conquer some outdoor home improvements.
If you have an eye on improving your outdoor space this year, here are five projects to help you get the most out of those warm-weather days.
* Walk right up. Whether you’re replacing an existing path or building a new one, adding a walkway is a great way to define your outdoor space. Stone pathways are a durable solution and offer a classic look, especially when you choose stones that complement your home’s appearance. Your stone path can lead from the driveway to the home or from the home to an outdoor entertaining area, whatever you prefer. Just remember to choose a dry area for the path, as stones become slippery when wet.
* Reimagine your deck. If one of your annual outdoor projects involves repairing or re-staining your wood deck, consider replacing it instead. Deckorators composite decking offers traditional decking colors and styles in a durable composite material, meaning you can enjoy the same benefits of a wood deck with just a fraction of the upkeep. There are no costly repairs to be made and no repainting or restaining is required. Installation is easy so you can enjoy your deck in no time.
* Start a fire. Building a fire pit in your backyard is a great way to create an intimate feeling at your get-togethers, allowing you to extend those events into the later hours. Larger fire pits can sit above ground and be encircled by bricks, or they can be dug into the ground and bordered by stones. You can also purchase metal fire pit kits or make an above-ground kit from stones for your patio.
* A little or a lot of lattice. Looking to add a stylized accent to your outdoor space? Lattice delivers. Deckorators plastic lattice is a durable, sturdy option that won’t rot or spoil, and it doesn’t require yearly maintenance. Whether you use it as a decorative accessory or to provide a little outdoor privacy, you’ll see the benefits of these easy projects.
* Find those perfect small additions for your yard. Small projects can give your yard that final, special touch. Hibiscus and Lantana are nectar-producing shrubs that will attract hummingbirds to your home. You can also highlight your outdoor space with solar lights for an effort-free luminescence you’ll enjoy each evening. Lastly, don’t forget decorative tips like painting your mailbox or planting low-maintenance plants like day lilies or hostas to provide a little unexpected color.
These warm-weather months are the time when you savor being outside, so make sure your outdoor space is up to the task. Any of these projects can have an immediate positive impact on your space and you can find more project ideas at Deckorators.com and on Facebook and Twitter.